Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Thank You Next Step

  As my time comes to a close, I thought I would pay tribute to you guys at Next Step as my way of thanking you all for allowing me to come in and be apart of a valuable organization.  It was really neat to be able to work with all of you as we all try to find a way to enhance a computers' life so that a workable machine is available to anybody who desires for one.  It was cool to get a sense of how this is done simply by removing some of the old worn out parts that need replacing while at the same time acknowledging those that do work with worn out parts in their efforts to make it usable once again.  That is simply AWE SOME!!!!
  I have had the pleasure to go on a few tours here and there: the cheese factory in Tillamook, Boeing in Seattle among visiting several museums/aquariums to seeing several other types of exhibits; what they all have in common are that they are extremely educational and Next Step is no different.  Except here I can say that I was part of the process of doing something good and that is to rebuild a computer with the aim of making it available to another person.  I will certainly miss all of you guys, thanks so much!!!!
  Below are a few candid photos of some of the people that make up my department, Refurbishing.  I hope you feel good of the training you provided me in my ability to rebuild a computer with new parts.


1 comment:

  1. We are so proud of you, Peter! You've accomplished so much in the time you have been a part of our team and I do hope to see you learning more even after you return to New Mexico.

    Being able to build a full computer or repairing one is not an easy task, and yet you've accomplished and mastered the task of refurbishing, and now you're teaching others what you know at NextStep. This shows great initiative and enthusiasm!

    Your positivity is enchanting and it is absolutely wonderful working with you. I'm glad you stuck with us even when it was difficult to pick up in the beginning.

    I do hope if you return to Oregon, you will consider visiting us again. Until then, I hope you enjoy your current journey and those to come. Ciao!

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete